Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hope Springs Enternal





Early morning sunrise peels open my swollen eye lids
Curled up in sumptuous warmth
I breathe in the possibilities the new day brings
Every cell in my body sings out in anticipation
In delightful awareness
I marvel at the hope my own body brings to me every single morning

Hope

It fills me with an electricity that seems to have a life of its own
Where does it come from
It is not conscious
It is not a choice
Yet, there it is

Anguish from the night before is washed away
My fears stolen with the darkness
As the sun returns to shine anew on my heart
My smile

Millions of years of evolution have propagated my instinct to spring alive with the dawn of a new day

If I am the sum of all my parts
The sum of all my cells
Every atom that swirls its energy in tireless motion to keep me alive

It is my duty to heed its song
To allow it to propel me forward
To broadcast my own bright light
As I drink in the life giving splendor of the universe



In that space between my breath
Where my vitality meets sublime radiance
Awareness gives humble respect to the source of all






No comments:

Post a Comment