Friday, January 25, 2013

Smother Me With Motherlove








Her lightening eyes mesmerize me.
I am lost in their depths as she tells me a story.


What a beauty. 

Sweet,  lovely girl.
This beautiful loving girl was borne from my body.



She can tell I’m not listening.
Her eyes flash their electricity to tell me to hear her words.


A mind not yet awake with awareness of what it needs.
Still full of a desire to be understood as a whole.


She is more than blue eyes.


She is more than blond hair
She is more than style
She is more than humor


She is herself.
Resplendent in all of her qualities.



In one fleeting look her spirit reaches out to remind me I am her mirror.
Entrusted to reflect and magnify all of her strengths in the moment she employs them.


 My happy duty to meet her soul to soul.
Our windows wide open and smiling on each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment