Thursday, December 27, 2012

Here is to Healing

I cannot bear to go
To the places we have been
But it matters not

My love
My lion

For I see you
In every space my soul inhabits

Your smiling sparkling eyes

That engulfed me
While you let me swim naked
Swirling in your limpid pools of fire
They seem now as a dream

Intangible
Nonsensical

It was not logical
Our love

Your heart and not your will
Reside buried deep
Pierced into every atom of my being

There I will keep you safe
Dear love
Far away from pain and regret
Swaddled in compassion

Even as the winds whip past my ears
Howling their judgment
Hurling their disdain

At the truth only you and I have known

Our communion

Infallible

Elusive as a wave upon the sand

A beacon shining bright

My first love
My one love

My thirsty eyes have been opened
Gratitude fills the empty silence
Where your warm spot used to be

I cling to it now in the cold dark night

And will my will to fly
Far beyond these silver winter skies

To kneel again in the crashing waves
With the strong comfort of your
Unweilding hand upon my back








And like the Phenix
She is reborn from the ashes
To breathe fire
Back into the Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment