Saturday, May 25, 2013

the great colossus

In silent solitude flashes of who I am come back to me.

I am French
I am a hippie
I am a flapper
I am the purple sun
I am fire
I am shivers
I am desire
I am nothing
I am old
I am a child
I am pain
I am ecstasy
I am respect
I am boundless
I am love
I am selfish
I am defiant
I am label-less


I am the wind that ruffles your hair
I am the kiss that you crave
I am the smile that you dare to share
I am the secret warmth in your spine
I am the tingle in your toes
I am the breath that your forcefully exhale
I am the freedom that you dream not of


cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
~Emma Lazarus

I am beautiful
I am ugly
I am like no one else on earth could be






No comments:

Post a Comment